What are the registration terms for .COM or .NET domains?
Registrants are required to register a .COM or .NET domain for a minimum one year registration period and a maximum 10 year registration period.
Where can I find the WHOIS for a .COM or .NET domain?
Verisign operates the .COM and .NET Registry. Their authorative WHOIS is located at http://registrar.verisign-grs.com/whois/
What is a .ORG domain?
The .ORG domain is home of noncommercial organizations on the Internet. .ORG was created in 1984 as one of the Internet’s original top-level domains (TLDs), along with .COM, .NET, .GOV, .EDU, and .MIL. Traditionally the top-level domains of the Internet serve different user groups. The .ORG domain was designated as an “open, unrestricted” domain, one in which anyone could register. It has evolved into the domain used primarily for noncommercial endeavors around the world. It is the place where people build websites encompassing a wide range of noncommercial activity, including education, philanthropy, personal projects, arts and culture, community and civic activities, social and fraternal organizations, and much much more.
What are the registration terms for a .ORG domain?
Registrants are required to register a .ORG domain fc
What is a .BIZ domain?
.BIZ represents “business” domains.
The .BIZ domain is restricted to bona fide business or commercial use, defined as one of the following:
To exchange goods, services, or property of any kind;
In the ordinary course of trade or business; or
To facilitate (i) the exchange of goods, services, information, or property of any kind; or, (ii) the ordinary course of trade or business
What are the registration terms for a .BIZ domain?
Registrants are required to register a .BIZ domain for a minimum one year registration period and a maximum 10 year registration period.
What is a .INFO Domain?
.INFO is the Internet’s first unrestricted top-level domain since .COM.
There are no restrictions on who may register .INFO names. .INFO was created for general use around the world.
What are the registration terms for a .INFO domain?
Registrants are required to register a .INFO domain for a minimum one year registration period and a maximum 10 year registration period.
To be eligible to for a .AU domain name you must fall in one of the following categories:
- Are a registered company in Australia.
- Trading under a registered business name in any Australian State or Territory.
- An Australian partnership or sole trader.
- A foreign company licensed to trade in Australia.
- Be an owner of an Australian Registered Trade Mark.
- An applicant for an Australian Registered Trade Mark.
- An association incorporated in any Australian State or Territory.
- An Australian commercial statutory body
What are the registration terms for a .AU domain?
.AU domain names can only be registered for a minimum/maximum of 2 years.
|What is my entity?||What type of domain can I register?||Please Supply|
|Australian citizen of Australian resident||id.au|
|Australian commercial statutory body||com.au / net.au||Name of Act of Parliament|
|Applicant for an Australian trade Mark||com.au / net.au||TM Number|
|Own an Australian Trademark||com.au / net.au||TM Number|
|Foreign company licensed to trade in Australia||com.au / net.au||ARBN|
|Australian partnership or sole trader||com.au / net.au||ABN|
|Trade under an Australian business name||com.au / net.au||State Registered Number|
|Australian Company||com.au / net.au||ACN / ABN|
|Australian non-profit organisation||asn.au / org.au / com.au / net.au||ABN/ACN|
|Australian charity||asn.au / org.au||ABN|
|Sporting or special interest club operating in Australia||org.au / asn.au|
|Australian Trade Union||asn.au / org.au||Organisation Number|
|Australian incorporated association||asn.au / com.au / net.au / org.au||Association Number|
.com.au for commercial purposes including commercial entities currently registered and trading in Australia
.net.au for commercial purposes including commercial entities currently registered and trading in Australia
.org.au for non-commercial organisations, including associations incorporated in any Australian State or Territory, political parties, trade unions, sporting or special interest clubs, charities or non-profit organisations
.asn.au for non-commercial organisations, including associations incorporated in any Australian State or Territory, political parties, trade unions, sporting or special interest clubs, charities or non-profit organisations
.id.au for Australia individuals (citizens and residents)
.CO.UK is used for commercial enterprises, and .ORG.UK is used for non-commercial organizations.
What are the registration periods for .UK domains?
.UK domain names can only be registered for a minimum/maximum of 2 years.
The formal expiration cycle can be found at:
- Renewal Process: Renewal reminders are sent at 89, 30, 5 days and on the expiry date. On expiry date, CLIENTHOLD status is added to the domain, stopping it from resolving any DNS records.
- Client is given 30 days past the expiry date to renew. Failure to renew will result in us cancelling the domain name from the registry, sending the domain name to REDEMPTION for 30 days. While in Redemption, the domain can be recovered (For a fee that we pay the registry).
- After 30 days in REDEMPTION, the domain name enters PENDINGDELETE for 5 days (domain cannot be recovered from us at this time) before being deleted from the registry completely and being made available for re-registration. The chances of re-registering are very slim due to the domain name aftermarket/speculation on expired domains.
- Deletions: If a client wants to delete a domain name they must provide a signed written request on registrant letterhead (or a signed request + photo ID if the registrant is an individual). The domain name will be deleted from the .com registry and will enter the REDEMPTION status then PENDINGDELETE as per gTLD expiry cycle.
1. A minimum of 1 year renewal is required for all transfers of gTLDs such as .com, .org, .info etc.
2. AU domains, if a domain name is due for renewal within 90 days.
3. No renewal required for NZ, UK domains.
Web Hosting / DNS Records
Primary Name Server: NS1.NETCAFE24.NET
Primary Name Server IP: 22.214.171.124
Secondary Name Server: NS2.NETCAFE24.NET
Secondary Name Server IP: 126.96.36.199
- Renewal Process: Renewal reminders are sent at 14, 7, 1 days and on the expiry date. 2 days after the expiry date, another Renewal reminder which contained the deactivation schedule will be sent.
- Client is given 5 days past the expiry date to renew. Failure to renew will result in us deactivating the website hosting service. Once the website hosting has been expired, client is unable to access to the server.
- Deletions: 30 days after the expiry date, all data related to the website hosting include Website data, Database, Email accounts, and Emails stored in our servers will be deleted and cannot be restored.